Action on Disability
A disabled people led organisation managed and controlled by disabled people. To campaign for the rights of disabled people and influence local and national policy and practice.
- Campaigning and research and representation
- Disability hate crime support
- Sport and social and cultural activities
- Training and volunteering and employment support
- Welfare Benefits
Boroughs this organisation works in
About this organisation
An inclusive society free of disabling barriers where all individuals are equal.
A disabled people led organisation managed and controlled by disabled people. To campaign for the rights of disabled people and influence local and national policy and practice. To deliver high quality professional accessible activities which promote independent living. To give disabled people the knowledge and confidence about their rights enabling them to access opportunity, make choices and live independently.
Our services support disabled people to live independently, to have equal access to opportunities and to make informed choices. These services include:
- Youth Service – educational and leisure activities to over 120 children and young people per year, including: literacy, cooking, music, sport and the Duke of Edinburgh award.
- Welfare benefits advice – ensuring that disabled people get the benefits they are entitled to.
- Direct Payments Peer Support Group for H&F borough Adult residents (18+) in receipt of Direct Payments, their PA’s and Carers. Offering meaningful Peer Led support, information and personal knowledge / experience sharing.
- Employment – ambitious work placement scheme and training for disabled people in industries where there is a labour market gap.
- Peer Support designed to enable disabled people to access Peer Led Group / Activities and Opportunities in their local community.