Disability Law Service training. This course is aimed at DDPO advisers who have some experience of supporting clients with Universal Credit.
Wednesday 18th August 2021, 1.30pm-4.00pm (inc 2 x 15-minute breaks). Via Zoom.
Please note: maximum 20 places, these will initially be offered to people who are part of the SVRR project.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at DDPO advisers who have some experience of supporting clients with Universal Credit.
About the training
This training will cover:
- Understanding the claimant commitment
- Disabled claimants – importance of reporting impairments and health conditions to job coaches
- Work groups
- Turning off conditionality or reducing hours – ‘complex’* needs etc
- Other information you need to be aware of.
* This is the language the DWP uses which refers to a range of circumstances not necessarily related to disability.
About the trainer
This course is delivered by Richard Conway, Disability Law Service (DLS).
What is a DDPO?
Please note this is an event for Deaf and Disabled People Organisations (DDPOs). DDPOs are organisations that are run and controlled by Deaf/Disabled people, with Deaf/Disabled people representing at least 75% of Trustees and over 50% of paid staff.
How to book
To book a place, please click on the ‘Book your free ticket‘ button above. We will then confirm your booking and email you details of how to join the Zoom meeting.
If for any reason you cannot attend after booking please let Christine know ASAP so we can make the place available to others. Email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also fill in a feedback form at the end of the session.
Please inform us of any additional access needs at least 2 weeks in advance of the training or event.