POSTPONED – however this training may still be offered via Zoom. Check here for further updates.
Following the latest government advice regarding Covid-19, this event has now been postponed. However we may be able to offer this training remotely via Zoom. We will update this page as soon as we have more information.
Please make sure before signing up to this course that you look carefully at who the course is aimed at and that you fit the criteria to participate in this particular course.
This course aims to increase delegates’ understanding of the Care Act and build confidence in challenging Care Act decisions.
Who the course is aimed at:
This course is suitable for individuals who deliver advice within a DDPO.
While this session does not require prior knowledge of the Care Act; we will discuss practical examples and strategies to challenge decisions. Therefore, this session may be particularly useful for advisors who are already familiar with the Care Act.
DDPOs can book up to 2 named staff on each course.
The course covers:
- What should happen at different stages of the care and support planning process from a legal point of view
- Understand the rights Disabled people have and learn how to use them effectively
- Be able to identify when the local authority acted unlawfully and challenge this effectively
- Learn how to use the Care Act to challenge cuts to care packages by looking at specific examples
- Understand different strategies you could use to ensure Disabled people you support get the most out of the process.
This course is delivered by:
Training takes place at Inclusion London’s wheelchair accessible offices with blue badge parking available on request. Please inform us of any additional access needs at least 2 weeks in advance of the training or event.
Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights
Inclusion London has been funded by Trust for London to work intensively with targeted DDPOs as part of the Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights programme. This includes the provision of specialized training.
When possible, should there be any spare places we are committed to offering these on a first come, first served basis to other DDPOs. If you meet the participant criteria, we would encourage you to sign up as soon as possible, to secure a place.