A one day conference to discuss the new DfID Disability Inclusion Strategy and develop strategies for international DDPO cooperation and development
- Department for International Development (DfID) Disability Inclusion strategy. DfID have developed a five-year strategy and they are keen to hear DDPO views on its implementation. Members of DfID staff will be presenting the strategy at the conference followed by workshops. To view a copy of the strategy in advance go to Disability-Inclusion-Strategy-Easy-Read.pdf
- Role of DDPOs in international development – history and context (UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities UNCRPD Art 32)
- International cooperation with DDPOs – barriers and facilitators
- Sharing learning and ideas on how to facilitate international cooperation between UK based DDPOs and DDPOs in developing countries
- How UK DDPOs should be represented internationally
- What structure do we need?
- Representatives to United Nations CoSP and Relaunch of Commonwealth Disabled People’s Forum
- Representation to European Disability Forum
This conference is for Deaf and Disabled People and representatives of Deaf and Disabled People’s Organisations (DDPOs).
Participation is free and expenses will be covered by DfID/ROFA. Travel and accommodation costs for people travelling from outside London will be considered.