Webinar for staff working with claimants with mental health conditions and mobility needs
This course is for staff working with claimants with mental health conditions and mobility needs. It is aimed at those with experience of PIP who want to develop their skills further. Those who are new to PIP (Personal Independence Payment) are welcome to enrol, but may want to familiarise themselves with the basics before attending this session.
Please note: maximum 15 places, these will initially be offered to people who are part of the SVRR project.
- The mobility component of PIP – overview
- The activity ‘Planning and Following Journeys’
- Question 13 on ‘Going Out’ in the PIP2 Form
- Mobility and mental health at the assessment
- How to use regulations 7 and 4 in this context
- The decision – common reasons for refusal and how to counter them
- Important examples from PIP case law and how to use them
Participants will also receive a PDF copy of Benefits and Work 100+ page guide to claiming PIP on physical and mental health grounds.
Attendees completing the course will receive an e-certificate.
This training is being delivered online. You will need a reliable internet connection, and an ability to use the Zoom video-conferencing platform.
About the trainer
This training is being delivered by Liam Casey, on behalf of Benefits and Work (Liam is a Welfare Benefits Advisor at the Citizens Advice Bureau and Financial Literary Tutor at the Workers Education Association).
How to book
To book a place, please click on the ‘Book your free ticket‘ button above. We will then confirm your booking and email you details of how to join the Zoom meeting.
Please inform us of any additional access needs at least 2 weeks in advance of the training or event.