Training for more experienced benefit advisers who are confident about covering issues in more, and sometimes complex detail.
How ‘reliability’ regulation 4 can save PIP
Wednesday 10th November, 10.30am -1.30pm including a 30 minute break. Via Zoom.
There is a maximum of 17 places. These will initially be offered to people who are part of the Strengthening Voices Realising Rights (SVRR) project.
Who is this course for?
For experienced DDPO benefit advisers who are confident about covering issues in more, and sometimes complex detail
About the course
This half-day online training course explains how PIP entitlement ‘points’ can be scored if you show you cannot do something ‘reliably’. In this way, understanding reliability regulation 4 is vital to your understanding of who qualifies for PIP, and accordingly how you can support PIP claims and appeals.
- If refused PIP, there are poor chances at revision, but excellent chances at tribunal
- What goes wrong at the assessment stage?
- The importance of reliability regulation 4(2)
- The interplay between regulations 7 and 4
- How regulation 4 describes what you can do, and sets the reliability standard
- Whether you can do something safely
- Whether you can do something to an acceptable standard
- Whether you can do something repeatedly
- Whether you can do something in a reasonable time period
- How regulation ‘4 feeds regulation 7’
- How PIP case law can be very helpful
- How to use reliability regulation 4 to improve PIP claims and challenge
About the trainer
Course delivered by Steve Johnson of Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG)
What is a DDPO?
Please note this is an event for Deaf and Disabled People Organisations (DDPOs). DDPOs are organisations that are run and controlled by Deaf/Disabled people, with Deaf/Disabled people representing at least 75% of Trustees and over 50% of paid staff.
How to book
To book a place, please click on the ‘Book your free ticket‘ button above. We will then confirm your booking and email you details of how to join the Zoom meeting.
If for any reason you cannot attend after booking please let Christine know ASAP so we can make the place available to others. Email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also fill in a feedback form at the end of the session.
Please inform us of any access requirements at least 2 weeks in advance of the training or event.