Launch of new project to support lived experience leadership
About the event
We are delighted to announce that we have been funded by National Lottery Community Fund to run an 18 month leadership training and development Programme
We know DDPOs face significant challenges in “bringing on” new Deaf and Disabled leaders or accessing leadership development programmes that are accessible and right for DDPOs. Over the next 18 months we aim to co-design an effective leadership programme with 9 Deaf/Disabled people who have shown an interest or potential for leadership. Using “user-led design” theories and techniques, participants will be supported to identify their own leadership development goals and to work practically on leading a change in their organisations, with coaching, training and support to do this. Together we will analyse and understand what support is most effective in achieving leadership success.
From July-August we will be recruiting 9 Deaf or Disabled people from within our existing networks of DDPOs to take part in the programme. These will be trustees, staff, volunteers or members who want to develop their leadership skills and confidence, or who show interest and signs of becoming potential new leaders.
This event on July 2nd will give you a chance to:
- Hear more about the leadership programme
- Understand more about who we are aiming to recruit and how you can put people forward for the programme
- Understand what DDPOs will gain from putting someone forward for the programme, and our expectations of you
- Share ideas about the common leadership challenges faced in the sector
- Contribute your ideas about solutions
Who is this event for:
This event is for CEOs or trustees within London’s Deaf and Disabled People’s Organisations. You should book on if:
- You are interested in finding more about the programme
- You may wish to put someone forward for the programme
- You have ideas you want to share about leadership challenges and solutions in the DDPO sector
The benefits of putting someone forward for the programme:
- One of your staff, trustees, volunteers or members will be supported to progress a plan for change that is relevant to your organisation
- In return for releasing the person to participate in the 5 workshops and coaching time involved, DDPOs will receive £1800 each so that you can arrange cover
- Each participant will be able to access £200 towards training relevant to their leadership development and plan for change
- DDPOs who put forward participants will get a chance to influence the development of on-going leadership programmes for the sector
Who is leading the event, and the leadership programme:
This programme will be led by Alex Hendra, Inclusion London’s Associate Business Consultant. She has extensive experience in business development and service design support with DDPOs, and experience of co-designing highly successful leadership programmes with Disabled young people.
If you require British Sign Language interpreters or have other access or communication requirements, please let us know asap!