Join this online session on how UC ‘complex needs’ rules work, who is covered and what this should mean for UC claimants
Date: 12 and 14 December
Time: 10am-1pm each day
Location: Via Zoom
You must attend both sessions
A Disability Rights UK and Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) course delivered by Steve Johnson
Who can attend?
This course is for experienced advice workers.
This training course explains how the universal credit (UC) ‘Complex Needs’ rules work, who is covered and what this should mean for UC claimants. It also covers how you can ensure the DWP recognises ‘Complex Needs’ status.
The course covers:
- The challenges that UC presents to claimants
- Evidence of how claimant vulnerability can affect a UC claim or award
- Implications of ‘Complex Needs’ for the UC claimant
- What does ‘Complex Needs’ mean to the DWP?
- Who is most likely to attain ‘Complex Needs’ status?
- What this status should then mean for claimants
- How can we help the DWP to accept Complex Needs status?
- Requesting ‘Complex Needs’ status
How to register
Booking is via Disability Rights UK. To reserve your place please visit the Disability Rights UK booking page.
Disability Rights UK will contact you after booking to check if you have any access or communication requirements.
Participants will receive an email a few days before the start of the course, with a link to the event hosted on CPAG’s AskCPAG elearning platform.