Disability Law Service free Webinar for DDPO staff working with PIP claims
December 9th 2020 at 1.30pm – 4.30pm (3 hours including two 15-minute breaks).
The course will be delivered via Webinar.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at those with experience of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) who want to develop their skills further.
Please note: maximum 20 places, these will initially be offered to people who are part of the SVRR project.
- identifying a claimant’s initial eligibility
- understanding the eligibility criteria for PIP – activities and descriptors
- the assessment process – reasonable adjustments, hints and tips
- how to get better results at an earlier stage – hint and tips
- filling out forms – hints, tips, and which evidence to supply; and
- how to navigate any appeals processes – Mandatory Reconsiderations, HMCTS appeals.
- going into hospital or care homes
- going abroad
- helpful resources
There will be exercise scenarios within the presentation to help participants apply the information they have just learned. Throughout each section, any new information in regard to COVID-19 will be given.
About the trainer
This training will be given by Richard Conway, Welfare Benefits Adviser, Disability Law Service.
How to book
To book a place, please click on the ‘Book your free ticket‘ button above. We will then confirm your booking and email you details of how to join the Zoom meeting.
If for any reason you cannot attend after booking please let Aisha know ASAP so we can make the place available to others. Email Aisha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inform us of any additional access needs at least 2 weeks in advance of the training or event.
This event has sold out.