With Us Project Intersectional Advisory Group
An exciting opportunity to help develop intersectional understanding and approaches within the disability rights space
- Closing date for applications: 5 August 2021
- Contact phone: 02072373181 voicemail
- Contact email: Gelila.Tekle-Mariam@inclusionlondon.org.uk
- Are you a Deaf or Disabled person with a lived experience of intersectional or multiple oppressions?
- Are you passionate about social justice work and helping to create a strong, intersectional and inclusive Disabled people’s rights movement that leaves no one behind?
- Have you got experience in community work, advocacy, campaigning or activism, or working with Disabled or marginalised communities?
If yes then you may be interested in joining, in a paid capacity, our ‘With Us Project Intersectional advisory group’ which is developing and piloting ways to support Inclusion London and DDPOs to become more inclusive and intersectional in what they do.
The advisory group will be working over the next 11 months to provide advice and input into a range of intersectional, anti-racist and social model training and support our ‘With Us’ project will be piloting with DDPOs. All meetings up to the end of 2021 are planned to take place over Zoom, and we will review whether to hold face to face meetings in 2022.
There will also be an exciting opportunity to input into the development of Inclusion London’s next 3-year Strategic business plan, with the aim of ensuring intersectional work is embedded in all of Inclusion London’s ongoing work.
We will also support the advisory group to be a safer and braver space where members can explore with peer’s their different lived experience of intersectional issues.
Closing date for applications is: 5pm Monday, 2 August 2021
Candidates invited for interview will be informed by: Tuesday, 10th August 2021
Interviews will take place on: Monday, 23rd August 2021
How to Apply
Please download the following documents: