Temporary Welfare Benefits Advisor
Action on Disability (AoD) are recruiting a Temporary Welfare Benefits Advisor to end June 2020.
Action on Disability (AoD) are recruiting a Temporary Welfare Benefits Advisor.
22.5 hours per week. Salary £23k to £28k pro rata dependent on experience.
This is a temporary contract to cover long-term sick leave up to end June 2020.
For further information and to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 020 7385 2098. SMS: 07720 916515
Action on Disability (AoD), founded in 1979, is one of London’s leading Deaf and Disabled People’s Organisations. As we believe in the social model of disability, our values and principles embrace inclusive and accessible ways of working both internally and in all our activities, seek the participation and contribution of our members, and encourage and respect diversity.
The organisation is a medium sized charity with a Board of Trustees (at least 75% is disabled trustees), 25 staff and a strong ad hoc staff and volunteer base including many with direct experience of disability – all of whom are passionate about removing the barriers that disabled people face.
AoD provides five key services. These are: Youth, Employment, Welfare Benefits, Independent Living and Advocacy.
AoD’s Welfare Benefits Service
The Welfare Benefits Service provides free independent advice and assistance to all disabled residents and their carers who live and work in Hammersmith and Fulham borough. The service is for all ages, including parents and carers of disabled children.
We provide free advice and assistance, up to Tribunal level, on most Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) benefits, Tax Credits and some local authority benefits.
Temporary Welfare Benefits Advisor will
- Provide high quality Welfare Benefits advice and casework to disabled residents of the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
- Write Mandatory Reconsideration requests and in a limited number of cases, write appeal submissions.
- Undertake direct welfare advice and casework.
- Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken using an appropriate electronic Welfare Benefits Recording and Information System via AoD’s Charity Log, and through the use of Excel
- Gather information to monitor and evaluate the service.
- This post requires occasional home visits
For all work:
- Work in a person-centred way
- Produce agreed regular monitoring and progress reports
- Comply with AoD’s agreed policies and procedures.
- Participate in the wider development of the service and contribute to service improvement as required.
- Be computer literate and administratively self-supporting.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as identified by the line manager.