Supported Employment Coordinator
Are you passionate about supporting young Disabled people to become independent?
- Closing date for applications: 14 August 2019
- Contact phone: 020 7501 8976
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Advice Service Lambeth (dasl) is Lambeth’s leading pan-impairment Disabled People’s Organisation. We provide a wide range of services to Disabled people in Lambeth, including advice, information, professional advocacy, Direct Payments support, social and sports activities and peer support.
We are seeking to appoint a Supported Employment Coordinator to work on the ‘Supported Pathways into the Creative Industries’ project. This is a partnership with Inclusion London, Lewisham College, the National Theatre, the Royal Opera House and other arts and cultural partners.
The project will involve providing employability skills training and work placements to young Disabled people (18-24 years old), most of whom have learning difficulties, to learn marketable and transferable skills.
Your duties will include:
• Leading a team of job coaches in providing support and guidance to young Disabled people within their work placements
• Supporting young Disabled people to find paid employment opportunities
• Ensuring the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the project are met
You will have:
• Lived experience of disability
• Experience of training, education or employment support or service delivery for Disabled people
• A commitment to the social model of disability
To download the recruitment pack and application form, please visit dasl’s website at: http://www.disabilitylambeth.org.uk/jobs/supported-employment-coordinator/
For an application pack or to find out more about this job please contact:
Telephone: 020 7501 8976
Closing date: 14th August (9am)
Interviews: w/c 19th August
dasl is an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and particularly from Disabled people. Our office at “we are 336”, 336 Brixton Road, London SW9 7AA is fully accessible.