Interim Director at dasl – Lambeth’s DDPO
Disabled person wanted as Interim Director for dasl to lead our organisation as we emerge from the pandemic, work with the trustees to recruit a new permanent Director, support the experienced staff team and maintain effective relationships with our partners.
- Closing date for applications: 21 December 2021
- Contact phone: 07852355843
- Contact email: email@example.com
We are looking for an Interim Director for six months who will lead our organisation as we emerge from the pandemic, work with the trustees to recruit a new permanent Director, support the experienced staff team and maintain effective relationships with our partners, commissioners and funders; salary £45,900 pro rata for six months.
As our Interim Director, you will be a Disabled person or have a strong understanding of the lived experience of Disabled people, have substantial senior management experience in strategic development, service delivery and financial and people management and have excellent communication skills. You will lead a team of dedicated and capable staff in delivering high quality and effective services with the support and guidance of our experienced Management Committee focusing in these six months on;
• Working with the board on the recruitment of the new Director
• Recruitment of the Advice Team Leader
• Supporting the Senior Management Team (SMT) and the rest of the staff team in delivering dasl’s services
• Working with the SMT to maintain morale and team spirit through the new ways of working resulting from the pandemic
• Liaising and working with the Connect Lambeth partners, in particular Age UKL as the contract holder
• Maintaining good relationship with commissioners and funders and meeting our contract and monitoring requirements
• Managing the finances, ensuring invoices and request for grant payments have been submitted on time and followed
• Providing quarterly monitoring reports to the board and updates as necessary
• Supporting the new Trustee Board elected at the forthcoming AGM
We provide a wide range of peer-led services, including advice, information, professional advocacy, direct payments support, social and sports activities and employment support services. Through the Connect Lambeth partnership, we also work with older people and carers. We are a well-respected local charity, valued both for delivering our core services to a high standard and for developing innovative projects to improve support and opportunities for Disabled people. We have an important local policy voice on issues affecting Disabled people.
Disability Advice Service Lambeth (dasl) is a local, user-led organisation controlled by Disabled people. For twenty years, we have worked to support Disabled people in Lambeth and neighbouring boroughs to achieve our vision of a world in which diversity is valued, difference is celebrated and equal rights and opportunities are enjoyed by all.