Follow on Support Coordinator
Are you passionate about supporting young Disabled people to find work, develop their skills and fulfil their potential?
- Closing date for applications: 2 August 2020
- Contact phone: 07572258429
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Advice Service Lambeth (dasl) is Lambeth’s leading pan-impairment Disabled People’s Organisation. We provide a wide range of services to Disabled people in Lambeth, including advice, information, professional advocacy, Direct Payments support, social and sports activities and peer support.
We are seeking to appoint a Follow on Support Coordinator to work with us in partnership with Inclusion London and Action on Disability.
The project will involve supporting to young Disabled people to enable them to find, and remain in, work.
Your duties will include:
• Identifying the skills and interests of the people you are working with and using this to identify appropriate employment opportunities and engage with employers;
• Offering advice and guidance for accessible recruitment and employment and negotiating reasonable adjustments;
• Recruiting and coordinating a bank of job coaches to deliver in-work support to those graduates who gain paid employment.
You will have:
• Lived experience of an impairment
• An understanding of the issues concerning supporting young Disabled people into employment
• High expectations of the employment potential of young Disabled people
For an application pack or to find out more about this job please contact:
Closing date: 3rd August (9am)
Interviews: w/c 10th August
dasl is an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and particularly from Disabled people. Our office at “we are 336”, 336 Brixton Road, London SW9 7AA is fully accessible.