Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights – Phase 2 funding available
Closing date for applications has been extended to Friday 5 June 2020.
We are pleased to inform you that Trust for London have launched Phase 2 of the Strengthening Voices Realising Rights (SVRR) project.
The guidelines and application form are available here: Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights Phase 2. Closing date for applications has been extended and is now Friday 5 June 2020.
Phase 2 will only fund organisations that fall under Inclusion London’s definition of a DDPO.
Trust for London are also holding remote one-to-one support sessions to give DDPOs an opportunity to discuss their ideas with staff. These are scheduled for Monday 30 March and Thursday 14 May.
If you would like to take up this opportunity, please ring either Tania or Jaspal using the details below to make an appointment.
- Tania Bronstein, Programme Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8036 3114
- Jaspal Babra, Senior Grants Administrator – JBabra@trustforlondon.org.uk or call 020 7778 9902
Background to the Initiative
Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights is a special initiative set up in 2018 to support Deaf & Disabled People’s organisations (DPPOs) with the resources they need to champion the rights of Deaf and Disabled people. It is funded by Trust for London and City Bridge Trust.
The initiative responds to evidence that welfare reform and austerity cuts are holding back progress towards equality and inclusion for Deaf and Disabled people. It aims to bring about a renewed focus on the realisation of Deaf and Disabled people’s rights.
Phase 1 of the initiative is currently running. It is funding DDPOs offering advice to support Deaf and Disabled individuals in obtaining social protection benefits and in making full use of their rights.
Applications are now open for Phase 2
Trust for London are inviting applications from DPPOs in London proposing to carry out policy, advocacy, campaigning and other work, aimed at tackling the root causes of poverty and inequality that Deaf and Disabled people face.
They are looking to fund work that:
- Seeks to influence decisions, policies and practices, and;
- Holds policy and decision-makers to account for protecting, promoting and fulfilling Deaf and Disabled people’s rights
They expect proposals to work towards achieving the following:
- More DDPOs engaging in collaborative work;
- Greater effectiveness of DDPOs’ efforts to influence systemic change;
- A diverse and inclusive movement for disability rights in London;
- Enhanced involvement of DDPOs in policy processes, and in effectively holding institutions to account
They will award grants for up to three years, and expect most grants to be for £50,000 per year. They can consider larger grants for partnerships of two or more DDPOs.
How to apply
The guidelines and application form are available here: Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights Phase 2. Closing date for applications is Friday 5 June 2020.