Free Universal Credit training from Child Poverty Action Group
Training courses particularly aimed at advisers supporting claimants within BAME and/or disabled communities.
Child Poverty Action Group’s (CPAG) Universal Credit London advice project provides a free advice service and free training to frontline workers who directly support Universal Credit (UC) claimants living in a London borough. The courses are particularly aimed at advisers supporting claimants within BAME and/or disabled communities
There are two training courses remaining this year, on 5th October and 8th December
The UC training will cover:
- Introduction to UC: What is Universal credit and who can claim?
- How to claim UC and the assessment period
- Elements of UC and Housing Costs
- UC and Work
- Conditionality and Sanctions
- Challenging Decisions and problem areas
All training attendees will receive a complimentary copy of CPAG’s Universal Credit: What you need to know handbook and a one-year free askCPAG+ subscription.