Covid-19 information and guidance in community languages
Health guidance and support available in over 15 languages
Message from the Community Engagement Team, Greater London Authority:
It’s essential that all Londoners, particularly those who don’t speak English as a first language or may not have access to digital resources, are able to get information on Covid-19.
From our engagement with communities we know translation is a key issue. As part of the Mayor’s #LondonTogether campaign, we’ve been working closely with Doctors of the World to ensure all Londoners with limited English receive the health guidance and support they need. Across the guidance pieces below you can find guidance in a number of languages.
To help do this we’ve translated the key Covid-19 guidance below into 15 priority languages, and have developed free social media assets and ads to make sure this information reaches key communities:
- General COVID-19 health guidance
- Face coverings
- Advice for migrants and non-UK nationals
As the Government’s guidance evolves, we’ll look to develop this work to include further messages and resources to help communities.
How can you get involved?
We would be grateful if you could support this work by circulating these resources across your networks and channels:
- Infographics and videos with Covid-19 guidance in this Google drive on social media. This Includes: Vietnamese, Cantonese, Turkish, Bengali, Kurdish, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Polish, Urdu, Punjabi (Pakistan), Punjabi (India), Gujarati and Yiddish.
- Translated audio guidance by Doctors of the World.
- Our website with further translated information by Doctors of the World.
- Our Employment Rights Hub for information about different employment rights plus details of what to do if you’re having trouble at work – translated into 20 languages.
- Further resources created by London councils including information on Test and Trace.
Sharing infographics in community WhatsApp groups and social media:
- Download the translated health guidance asset for your WhatsApp group or social media.
- Post it in the relevant WhatsApp group or social media group with a note to say:
The Mayor of London and Doctors of the World have provided translated COVID-19 guidance, please forward this on to your contacts who speak [insert language] language, and find more here: www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/coronavirus-information
- By tagging @MayorofLondon on Twitter and @mayorofldn on Instagram and using #LondonTogether.
Please let us know if you are able to support the Mayor’s campaign by sharing these important translated messages, so we can track the communities we are reaching. We are particularly keen to reach these audiences via community WhatsApp groups.
Thank you for your on-going support, and if you have any questions please get in touch.
Community Engagement Team
City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London SE1 2AA