HR information and resources
HR information and resources for DDPOs during the coronavirus crisis
We know this is a challenging time for DDPOs. Here we have put together some resources that we hope will provide useful information during the current crisis.
Sources of information on HR (Human Resources)
General advice on employment issues and Covid 19
- ACAS have produced a range of guidance at https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus
- CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) have produced a range of guides and webinars at https://www.cipd.co.uk/search?q=COVID
- Coronavirus Isolation Notes
Employees who need an isolation note can use an online service to get one at https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough):
The government announced the coronavirus job retention scheme (referred to as furlough) on 20 March 2020. Details of how this scheme works are included in Sandy Adirondack’s legal update number 2011 (3/4/2020). Request the update from Sandy by emailing email@example.com.
Homeworking Policies and Practice guidelines:
- Sandy Adirondack’s legal updates numbers 2009 and 2010 (26/3/2020) include good practice guidelines and template policies for homeworking. Request the update from Sandy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CIPD have specific guidance on homeworking: https://www.cipd.co.uk/knowledge/fundamentals/relations/flexible-working/remote-working-top-tips
- Templates for Homeworking Policy https://policies2020.com/homeworking/
Legal HR Advice
- General Legal Advice Bulletins:
Sandy Adirondack (freelance consultant with specialism in legal aspects of voluntary sector governance and management) produces a regular email update of legal advice for voluntary sector organisations, including a recent string of advice on issues related to the Covid 19 situation. You can sign up by sending an email to email@example.com. Updates are free (Sandy asks for a small voluntary contribution).
- Employment Law Bulletins
The Employment Law Mailing List delivers email bulletins containing new legislation and important employment law cases as soon as they come out. It is free to join and all emails contain an ‘unsubscribe’ link. Typically two or three emails are sent out each week.
Wellbeing for staff
Islington Council have issued a Wellbeing Guide for staff, which has also been circulated by Independent Living Alternatives.