WISH – Standing together for women’s mental health
WISH is the only national, user-led women’s mental health charity in the UK. They develop pioneering gender-specific and trauma-informed support services for underserved women, share evidence of what works to improve services and outcomes for all women, and campaign together for social justice.
- Campaigning and research and representation
- Community Link
- Financial assistance and benefits guidance
- Links into statutory and voluntary services
- One-to-one support whenever and as often as each woman needs
- Pathways tailored to each individual’s needs and aims
- Social contact and peer support
- Training and volunteering and employment support
- Community Link - provides practical and emotional support to women in Greater London as they move from prison or secure hospital into the community
Boroughs this organisation works in
- East London focused
- England and Wales
About this organisation
Established in 1987, WISH is the only national, user-led mental health charity in the UK working with women in prison, hospital and the community. They develop pioneering gender-specific and trauma-informed support services for underserved women, share evidence of what works to improve services and outcomes for all women, and campaign together for social justice. Empowered by their own lived experience, they help women connect and open up – often for the first time. They stand together with them for the long term – through the ups, downs, relapses and revivals– offering them trust, relational security and guidance. Helping them build their own positive pathways under their own agency and control.