Equalities National Council
Equalities National Council is the sole Enterprise of its kind in the U.K. and Europe. As well as working at a grassroots level we also champion our concerns up to Ministerial level.
- Advice and advocacy
- Disability hate crime support
- Health and social care
- Personal assistance
- Self-directed support planning and brokerage
- Sport and social and cultural activities
- Training and volunteering and employment support
- Training of Social Workers, Culture ethnicity inclusion and diversity training.
Boroughs this organisation works in
- Barking and Dagenham
- City of London
- Hammersmith and Fulham
- Kensington and Chelsea
- Kingston upon Thames
- Richmond upon Thames
- Tower Hamlets
- Waltham Forest
About this organisation
ENC was founded in 1997; initially funded through advisory work that financed the creation of a national council for service users and their carers. Today ENC is Britain’s only BME User-led Disabled People Organisation (DPO), renowned as an independent enterprise that primarily (though not exclusively) focuses on delivering expert Advocacy and Mentoring support for and on behalf of BME Disabled People and their Carers; and people suffering with long term impairments.