Action Disability Kensington & Chelsea
ADKC is a user-led disabled people’s organisation and works to enhance opportunities for disabled people (with physical, sensory and hidden impairments), living or working in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- Advice and advocacy
- Campaigning and research and representation
- Self-directed support planning and brokerage
- Training and volunteering and employment support
- Disability related Information and Advice, Independent Lives project, Disability Connect project, Lifelong Learning project, user-led campaign groups and peer support groups, members’ newsletter, wheelchair hire, accessible weighing scales, passport photos, visiting massage therapists (subsidized by ADKC)
Boroughs this organisation works in
- Kensington and Chelsea
About this organisation
ADKC works to enhance opportunities for disabled people (with physical, sensory and hidden impairments), living or working in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.
ADKC does this by:
- Providing services
- Providing an accessible Resource Centre
- Setting up or supporting new services in response to needs
- Empowering disabled people to act on their own behalf
- Raising awareness of disability issues
- Championing the rights of disabled people
ADKC is committed to working within the Social Model of disability. This philosophy is reflected in all areas of its work. As an organisation of disabled people, ADKC ensures that disabled people take part in the planning and management of its work. The organisation is also committed to Equal Opportunities and will consider the needs of all minority groups when planning and delivering its services.