Join our team to help promote Deaf and Disabled people’s equality and inclusion in the capital
Inclusion London are recruiting 3 new staff posts:
Inclusion London is a leading disability equality organisation run by and for Deaf and Disabled people. We have built a national reputation for effective policy and campaign work and for providing innovative business and organisational support to local Deaf and Disabled people’s organisations (DDPOs) in London.
Inclusion London is committed to equality, diversity and human rights. We welcome applications from Deaf or Disabled people from all sections of the community and particularly encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and the LGBTQI community.
Director of Business Support
£46,100 p.a. 35 hours per week, Permanent contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply and develop your business and leadership skills within a leading equalities infrastructure organisation ensuring we deliver effective, sustainable, high quality and accessible business support that meets the needs of our sector. You will:
- Develop, deliver and commission a range of accessible core business advice, support and training to DDPOs in London.
- Carry out strategic research, evaluation and user-led service design/ co-production approaches with DDPOs so we can more effectively understand, evidence and meet the specialist infrastructure and capacity building needs of our sector.
- Manage Inclusion London’s ‘Strengthening DDPO capacity building’ projects.
- Work with the CEO to ensure the funding, expansion, quality and long- term sustainability of our business support work to the DDPO sector.
You will have excellent business and financial skills with experience providing advice and support on these issues, underpinned by a strong understanding of the importance, but also the challenges, of running third sector community organisations. You will have the ability to support, motivate, innovate, problem solve and provide effective management and leadership that combines attention to detail and quality with strategic vision.
- Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 1st February 2021
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified by: 5pm Friday 5 February 2021
- There will be a two-stage interview process with first stage interviews taking place w/c 22 February 2021 and second stage interviews taking place w/c 01 March 2021
Data and Insight Officer
£30,000 per annum pro rata, 24 hours per week, 24-month fixed term contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply and develop your research and data skills and knowledge to support Inclusion London’s work tackling hate crime against Disabled people. You will be:
- Developing, setting up and carrying out a range of research and data capturing work with DDPOs in London.
- Building relationships with DDPOs to develop their data and evidence gathering skills and capacity so DDPOs can provide the data needed to have an effective and collective voice on hate crime issues.
- Developing IL’s understanding and insights into the needs, challenges, and issues DDPOs working on Hate crime issues experience
- Working with the Hate Crime Partnership Manager on external relationships, events, and policy papers
You will have experience setting up and carrying out effective, accessible and easy to use data and evidence gathering; a good knowledge of data gathering quantitative and qualitative approaches and methodologies; experience of collating, writing up and presenting data gathered in an accessible and compelling way and experience of developing effective relationships across different sectors and with diverse audiences.
We support flexible working and large aspects of these jobs could be done remotely, however some travel to London to attend face-to -face meetings may be required depending on the Public Health advice.
- Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 25 January 2021
- Candidates invited to interview will be informed by: Friday 29 January 2021
- Interviews will take place via zoom on: Friday 12 February 2021
£30,000 per annum pro rata. 21 hours per week, 12 months’ fixed term contract.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and skilled Senior Administrator to lead our office administration work as well as provide support to the Inclusion London staff team, consultants, projects and the wider organisation.
You will have experience of managing staff, carrying out varied and high-volume administrative roles with excellent organisational skills and ability to undertake multiple tasks ensuring deadlines are met. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed team player to use your skills and experience to support Inclusion London to meet its aims and objectives.
- Closing date for applications: 9am 21 January 2021
- Candidates invited to interview will be informed by: 5pm 28 January 2021
- Interviews will take place: w/c 08 February 2021 via Zoom
Become a Trustee at Inclusion London
We want to recruit 3 younger Deaf and Disabled Trustees with intersectional experience
2021 will be an important and exciting year for Inclusion London. We will be working with our DDPO members and partners to develop a vision and plan for what we should be doing over the next 5 years.
Our Board of Trustees play a very important role in our work and in shaping our future direction. We want to make sure our Board reflects the voices and diversity of Deaf and Disabled people who are often not heard, and we want to create opportunities for younger Deaf and Disabled people to develop their leadership skills and experience as Trustees. To do this we want to recruit 3 younger Deaf and Disabled Trustees from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and from the LGBTQI community to become Trustees of Inclusion London.
Being a Trustee is an unpaid role lasting 3 years. To carry out the duties and things a Trustee needs, you will need to take part in about 5 Board meetings each year which will take about 20 hours of your time each year. Our new Trustees will receive training and 1-2-1 support from other Inclusion London Trustees.
Closing date for written and video applications is: 5pm on Monday 18 January 2021
How to apply
For more information about the role of a Trustee at Inclusion London and how to apply please download our Trustee role description document here:
Inclusion London Trustee Recruitment BSL video: